Saturday, June 11, 2016

Thank you, Christina Grimmie!


Words cannot describe how I feel right now, much more how I felt yesterday when I found out that someone has shot this beloved singer.

I wasn't very vocal that I was a fan of her, but I am and will forever be part of #TeamGrimmie. I remember though that during music class, when my classmate was asking me who my favorite artists were, I mentioned Christina's name. Only a few people in our class knew her, and I felt very special that I knew this talented, young person. I felt blessed that I was able to watch her covers of songs and her vlogs. 

She was the reason I started watching The Voice. During the blind auditions, I knew in my heart that after she performed, I would search her in Google and be one of her fans. I believed that she would reach the Finals, and she did. My heart was beating fast when I was watching her on TV as she performed All of The Stars with Ed Sheeran. I was so happy when they announced that she was the third placer in that season of The Voice. I remember I watched her covers and vlogs the whole day. When she went here to the Philippines, I wasn't aware. I'm not actually sure what I've been doing that time and why I didn't know. I found out about that the day after she went here. I was so sad, but I was thinking I would see her again and perhaps even meet her. When Taylor said she was taking a break, I told my brother that I had more time to listen to Christina and support her even more. I'm still a swiftie, guys! Don't worry! When she posted a throwback about the time she came to the Philippines and said that she will be back, I commented about how I hoped she would come back. Little did I know that she will never be able to come back here.

My mom and I were having fun. We were going to different stores, bought some books and magazines, and were eating doughnuts in a mall. I think the tragedy happened when we were going home, so I wasn't aware of it yet since I didn't have internet. When I came back home, the first thing I saw was an article saying Christina Grimmie was shot and is dead. I couldn't believe it, and actually thought it might be a prank. But it sure wasn't a joke nor a prank. It was even trending on twitter! I was heartbroken that day, but I remembered that God has a reason why that happened. I prayed for her family and prayed for others to know Him through the life and the testimony of Christina.

I remembered her faith in Christ and was relieved that she was indeed with her Heavenly Father now. She was saved from the evil in this world. She was finally in paradise with Him. As I watched her videos yesterday and today, droplets of tears were falling from my eyes. 

But as John 10:28 says "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

And as the lyrics of In Christ Alone say No scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand...
Till he returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand...





Thank you, Christina for showing and telling us that we have to be, indeed, proud of our faith in Him. Thank you for telling geeks like me that it's okay to be ourselves and that no opinion of others should destroy our morale! Thank you for being a role model that we are proud of! Thank you for using your voice to spread His word! Thank you for showing us that each and everyone of us has a unique voice, and it's up to us if we're going to use it for His glory.

Treasure the people you love, because tomorrow is not a guarantee!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Christina's family, friends, and her fans! Until we meet again, Christina! #RIPChristina



No comments:

Post a Comment